Internet Firmware Update
With the latest stage2 firmware it is possible to make a firmware update without the need to burn a DVD/CD It is even possible to make a firmware update without a hard drive, but with a working nfs server, see NFS server setup.
The procedure to update is:
- Be sure to have a working stage2 firmware installed
- go to the webconsole and click on the webupdate icon (5th icon)
- click on the link "update.cgi"
- here you need to enter the update program provided on the forum or provided on email/pm
- if download is ready you need to reboot your player in fw-update mode
- press the "menu/setup" button when rebooting player
- you will see the "normal" kiss update screen with a modified background
- Just make a "partial update"
You cant harm your player with this procedure. It uses the exact same flash program then the original. And the worst case scenario still can let you use a original firmware CD.